Essentially the goal of a landing page is for visitors to take action, such as filling out a lead form or making a purchase. Often times a landing page will be your company’s first impression to your online audience and you only have a few seconds to make it a lasting one. If done correctly, customers will get the information they need to make their purchasing decisions. Below is a short and easy checklist to ensure your landing page functioning properly:
1. Are there any obstacles to scanning the page?
2. How hard is it to leave the page or get sidetracked?
3. Does the page have a fold?
4. Are you gathering unnecessary data?
5. Is there enough white space on the page?
7. Is it obvious which button to click on?
8. Does it take too long for the page to load?
9. Do the images on your page compliment your messages?
10. Are your landing pages available for indexing by search engines?
Written By: Sam Kim
Information Provided By: www.visibilitymagazine.com