Google is planning to make some big changes in its techniques to deal with the SEO in the coming few weeks. These changes are being made to combat black hat web spam. The giant search engine is thinking about some very serious ways to tackle with the problem. There are nine changes that we may witness in the near future. Let’s see what these expected changes are.
- Penguin 2.0- The New Version of Penguin- Google is really very much worried about black hat web spam. It’s new Penguin update which is named as Penguin2.0 is designed to deal with black hat even more seriously. It will be much more capable than the older version and will work more efficiently.
- Advertorials- Usually advertorials, also known as native advertising, disobey Google’s guidelines. Such advertorials follow PageRank unhesitatingly which is definitely not acceptable by the search engine at all. Google plans to deal with things like advertising and paid links masked as advertorials more seriously through its new firm policies. Google asserts that it doesn’t view advertorials as a problematic thing but they just want to make sure that they are not abused to cater to linking and PageRank needs. This giant search engine wants all the advertorials to make it obvious that they are paid advertisements.
- Problematic Searches- Google knows well that there are lots of problematic searches which need serious attention. So the search engine is preparing itself strongly to tackle such searches. But there’s a bad news for those who suffer from such a problem, the search engine hasn’t declared so far that how will it deal with the problem. All it says is that it will definitely do something. However, it will pay special attention to some specific areas like porn related searches which have always been more spammy.
- Upstream Linking- Like above stated problem, this part was also not well described by the search engine but it revealed that they will try to reduce the link buying as much as possible. It is thinking to employ a few new ideas to analyze the links perfectly to combat this link buying issues.
- Hacked Sites- The search engine wants it to me more robust in dealing with the hacking problems. They are looking for new ways which may make them able to identify such issues and inform webmasters about it. It wants itself to be competent enough to provide useful information to webmasters regarding whether they their site is infested with malware or hacking problems. It will also suggest the webmasters the ways to clean up these unwanted things.
- Authority- If you are an authority according to the Google’s algorithm, the search engine will try to ensure that these sites get better rank than other sites.
- Panda- This update of Panda will be more capable of tackling low quality sites and suggesting them the ways to enhance their quality. It will help those sites which were previously impacted by Panda.
- Cluster of Results from Same Website- If you have ever conducted a deep search on Google, you must have noticed that there are a few sites which appear on more than just a single page. They appear again and again on various pages. Google wants to make sure that once you have seen lots of results from just one site, they become less visible to you on the deeper pages. This initiative is taken by the search engine according to the user feedback.
- Information for Webmasters- The search engine wants to provide useful and valuable information to webmasters through webmaster tools. These pieces of information and advice will help the webmasters to diagnose the issues with their sites.
Google strongly believes that the proposed changes will help in improving the quality of the search results to a great extent. Moreover, the volume of spam will also be significantly reduced by them.