Here are a few stats on the Social Media arena out there. If you company is not engaging actively within the social media realm you are missing out on a “boom” within Internet Marketing. Social media audience totals 122 million people. That is 64% of the total Internet audience! The time spent on social networking and blogging sites is growing at over 3x overall Internet growth. Blogs readership estimate 96.6 million users at least once per month. By 2013, that number is expected to reach 128.2 million – which accounts for 58 percent of all U.S. Internet users.
The top social networks have stats that astonished me….here they are:
• Average user time spent on Facebook grew 566% (2008)
• Over 1/3 of all content sharing on the web is done through Facebook and Twitter
• 62% of Twitter users are ages 25 to 54
• 90% are moderate to heavy Internet users
• 89.7 unique visitors in April 2009
• 6 billion videos viewed each month