Observing the increasing volume of businesses and brands that want to build strong online reputation through social media sites, Pinterest has launched business accounts to cater to the needs. If you have been avoiding Pinterest for social marketing so far, you must give it a serious thought as the site is evolving very swiftly and is employing more resources to let the businesses reap maximum benefits from it. It’s very necessary to tell here that according to statistics around half of the online consumers of the United States go by the recommendations from this social networking site for their purchase. Let’s check out some easy ways to boost the presence on Pinterest.
- Build a Community- It’s an obvious thing to do, after all Pinterest is a social networking site. You can introduce new contests to encourage people to join the community. Sneak peek of your upcoming products may also make the people of your community feel special.
- Collaborate- You shouldn’t work within your community only, but also with the Pinterest community by following, sharing and repinning their images. Like, an electrical store can have a community of electrical contractors. Such communities can exchange images and be benefited by it. Engaging with other networks not just help in expanding your network but also to enhance your online visibility and thus creating new customer base.
- Create Specialized Boards- Don’t make it traditional by posting all images on a single board, i.e. the company’s board. Make specialized boards according to various themes, events and trends. The themes depend on the nature of the business. Like for a garment store, there may be separate boards for casuals, party wears, semi formals etc.
- Drive Traffic through Various Sites- In order to drive traffic towards your Pinterest page; you need to equip your website, blog, Twitter Account, Facebook page, ads etc. with Pin it buttons. It will make it convenient for your followers and fans to repin your images.
- Use Attractive and Eye Catching Images- Make sure that you use magnificent images. The images shouldn’t be pixilated and its size should be appropriate. Moreover, you should use images obtained from original sources, not from search engines.
- Write Passionately- Usually, people take description for the images for granted but the descriptions hold utmost importance. It should be describing the image in a very attractive manner. You should write it as it’s a question of your survival. Good images with poor descriptions usually remain unpinned.
- Post Good Videos- Some people think that posting videos on Pinterest is not a good idea but actually it rocks. But if you want to maintain and share a video library, you need to very selective. Your cover image and thumbnails should also be very fascinating. The titles and descriptions should be very catchy. And as obvious, avoid lengthy videos.
- Measure Your Performance- just making a Pinterest page and updating it is not sufficient. You need to track its performance on a regular basis. But it’s not very easy to do; you need to hire a Pinterest analytics company for it. Google Analytics may also be of great help here.